According to the Los Angeles Times, Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs had fentanyl, oxycodone along with alcohol in his system when he was found dead in his Texas hotel room on July 1. Thi according to a toxicology report that was released Friday by the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office.
As of right now, Southlake Texas police department is currently investigating and an issue from the Skaggs family on Friday mentions that an Angels employee might have some involvement. Here is the statement from the Skaggs family:
“We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much."
Skaggs attended Santa Monica High School down here in Southern California and the Angels drafted him in 2009. He made his Major League Baseball debut on August 22, 2012, and pitched for the Arizona Diamondbacks for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
Photo: Getty Images