The 2020 elections will be here before you know it and the Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters is getting ready to deploy an all-new system that's designed to make voting easier than ever.
Beginning next year, LA County will debut a new ballot marking device, called the "Voting Solutions for All People," or VSAP, which aims to make voting for L.A. County residents easier, more secure and transparent.
The new devices allow voters will be able to access 13 languages, adjust the touch screen to a comfortable angle, change the display settings such as text size and contrast or go through the ballot using the audio headset and control pad. Voters can even speed up the voting process by pre-selecting candidates and issues prior to arriving at the voting center.
Don't worry - the Ballot Marking Device is NOT connected to any kind of a network or the internet.
If you're not as technically-savvy as others, don't worry, the easy-to-follow instructions guide voters through the voting process without any need for assistance. In fact, later this month on on Saturday, September 28, and Sunday, September 29, the LA County Registrar of Voters will be holding a 'mock election' to help teach voters across the county how to use the new ballot marking devices. Come on out and join your favorite iHeart talent as they host mock elections to help you learn how to use the new voting devices! You'll also have the chance to hang out with surprise celebrities, check out some great food trucks and even have the chance to win some amazing L.A. experiences such as: tickets to professional sports games, amusement parks, celebrity meet and greets and a whole lot more!
Saturday, September 28th
- 102.7 KIIS FM host JoJo Wright will be out at the Van Nuys Sherman Oaks Recreation Center from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. "Pinch of Flavor" food truck will be out there as well to help feed you while you work up an appetite voting in the mock election.
- 104.3 MyFM's Nina Chantele will be out at the Carson Community Center between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. with the food truck, "The Fat Queso" serving up delightful treats.
- KOST 103.5's Ryan Manno will be hosting an event at the College of the Canyons between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. while the food truck, "Spyros Gyros" will be there.
- AM 570 LA Sports' very own Money and Tim Cates will be hosting one of the mock election events at Pan America Park between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. Food truck Sabores de Mexico will also be there with food.
- From Alt 98.7, Menace and Greg from The Woody Show is also hosting an event at Salazar Park from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. with food truck "Meat the Greek" serving food.
Sunday, September 29th
- 102.7 KIIS FM host EJ will be at Salazar Park between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. The food truck "Doughnuts & Fried Chicken" will be there as well.
- 104.3 MyFM's Dave Styles will be hosting an event at the Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks Recreation Center between 2 and 4 p.m. with the food truck, "Comet BBQ" there.
- KOST 103.5's Ryan Manno will be out at the College of the Canyons between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. with "The Fat Queso" food truck providing meals.
- AM 570 LA Sports hosts Money & Tim Cates will be at the Carson Community Center between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. with the food truck "Spyros Gyros" there as well.
- Finally, Alt 98.7's Ravey and Cameron of The Woody Show will be at Pan America Park between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. with food truck "Sabores de Mexico" there.